How tourism developed in Flims.
One who will not honor the past, will not succeed in the future.
- 1905 Tourism board Flims was founded
- 1908 First ski lessons were held
- 1924 Wintersport activities got extended by an ice rink and sled run
- 1931 Swiss Ski School Flims opened as one of the first countrywide (discontinued 2007)
- 1945 First disengageable chair lift in the world from Flims to Foppa was installed and commissioned
- 1947 Chair lift from Foppa to Naraus was opened
- 1950 Ice hockey and curling teams were founded
- 1956 Aerial tramway Naraus - Cassons was solemnly inaugurated
- 1961 Hannes Giger was shaping the advertising slogan: "Flims, die Weisse Arena"
- Between 1961 – 1972, the ski region was steadily extended by various lifts, i.a. the gondola Flims – Startgels and the aerial tramway Startgels – Grauberg
- 1996 Merger between the mountain railways Flims and Laax
- 2015/16 The Ski School Veraguth Flims welcomes its first guests. Sparked by the belief that in tourism it is of great importance to offer guests uncompromised quality and authenticity, I decided to offer my services independently to treat guests with a genuine hospitality and the friendly and attentive service they deserve. As a long established local (call me aborigines if you want) and Federal Certified Snow Sports Instructor with the highest level of national formation, I'm looking forward to welcome you in Flims Laax! Get to know about Federal Certified Snow Sports Instructors